Select the desired effect filter to achieve more impressive and artistic images.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Picture Effect] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Disables the [Picture Effect] function.
- Toy Camera:
- Creates a soft image with shaded corners and reduced sharpness.
- Pop Color:
- Creates a vivid look by emphasizing color tones.
- Creates a high contrast, abstract look by heavily emphasizing primary colors, or in black and white.
- Retro Photo:
- Creates the look of an aged photo with sepia color tones and faded contrast.
- Soft High-key:
- Creates an image with the indicated atmosphere: bright, transparent, ethereal, tender, soft.
- Partial Color:
- Creates an image which retains a specific color, but converts others to black and white.
- High Contrast Mono.:
- Creates a high-contrast image in black and white.
- Soft Focus:
- Creates an image filled with a soft lighting effect.
- HDR Painting:
- Creates the look of a painting, enhancing the colors and details.
- Rich-tone Mono.:
- Creates an image in black and white with rich gradation and reproduction of details.
- Creates an image which enhances the subject vividly, with the background defocused considerably. This effect may often be found in pictures of miniature models.
- Creates an image with ink bleed and blurring effects as if painted using watercolors.
- Creates an illustration-like image by emphasizing the outlines.
- You can perform detailed settings for some items using the left/right sides of the control wheel.
- When you use a zoom function other than the optical zoom, setting the zoom scale larger makes [Toy Camera] less effective.
- When [Partial Color] is selected, images may not retain the selected color, depending on the subject or shooting conditions.
You cannot check the following effects on the shooting screen, because the product processes the image after the shot. Also, you cannot shoot another image until image processing is finished. You cannot use these effects with movies.
- [Soft Focus]
- [HDR Painting]
- [Rich-tone Mono.]
In the case of [HDR Painting] and [Rich-tone Mono.], the shutter is released three times for one shot. Be careful about the following:
- Use this function when the subject is motionless or does not flash light.
- Do not change the composition during shooting.
- This function is not available in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]
- [Superior Auto]
- [Scene Selection]
- [Sweep Panorama]
- When [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG], this function is not available.