Sets whether to simultaneously record low-bit-rate proxy movies when recording XAVC S movies. Since proxy movies are small in file size, they are suitable for transferring to smartphones or uploading to websites.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Proxy Recording] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- On :
- Proxy movies are simultaneously recorded.
- Off :
- Proxy movies are not recorded.
- Proxy movies are recorded in the XAVC S HD format (1280×720) at 9 Mbps. The frame rate of the proxy movie is the same as that of the original movie.
- Proxy movies are not displayed on the playback screen (single-image playback screen or image index screen). is displayed over movies for which a proxy movie was simultaneously recorded.
- Proxy movies cannot be played back on this camera.
- Proxy recording is not available in the following situations.
- When [File Format] is set to [AVCHD]
- When [File Format] is set to [XAVC S HD] and [Record Setting] is set to [120p]/[100p]
- Deleting/protecting movies that have proxy movies removes/protects both the original and proxy movies. You cannot delete/protect only original movies or proxy movies.
- Movies cannot be edited on this camera.