USB Streaming (movie)
You can connect a computer, etc. to the camera and use the camera video and audio for livestreaming or web-conferencing services. Select MENU → (Setup) → [USB] → [USB Connection Mode] → [Sel. When Connect] or [USB Streaming] beforehand.
MENU → (Shooting) → [USB Streaming] and select the desired settings for [ Res/Frame Rate] and [ Movie Recording].
- Connect the camera to a computer or other device with a USB cable.
[USB Streaming:Standby] will appear on the camera screen, and the camera will switch to the streaming standby state.
- If [USB Connection Mode] is set to [Sel. When Connect], select [Live Stream(USB Streaming)] on the selection screen for the USB connection mode.
- Use a cable or adapter that matches the terminal on the device to be connected.
- Start streaming from your livestreaming/web-conferencing service.
[USB Streaming:Output] will appear on the camera screen.
- To exit [USB Streaming], turn off the power of the camera or disconnect the USB cable.
Menu item details
- Res/Frame Rate:
- Sets the resolution and the frame rate of the video. ([4K(2160p) 15p]/[4K(2160p)12.5p]/[HD(1080p) 60p]/[HD(1080p) 50p]/[HD(1080p) 30p]/[HD(1080p) 25p]/[HD(720p) 30p]/[HD(720p) 25p])
- Movie Recording:
- Sets whether or not to enable recording of the video to the recording media during streaming. ([Enable]/[Disable])
- If you assign the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, etc. to the dial or control wheel or register them to the function menu, you can adjust these values even during USB streaming.
- The format of the streaming data is as follows.
- Video format: MJPEG or YUV420
- Audio format: PCM, 48 kHz, 16 bit, 2 ch
- During USB streaming, power is supplied to the camera from the computer. If you want to consume as little computer power as possible, set [USB Power Supply] to [Off].
- When using an external microphone, you can minimize deviations between your voice and the movements of your mouth by connecting the microphone to the (microphone) terminal of the camera.
- While USB streaming is in progress, the camera is always set to the movie recording mode regardless of the position of the Still/Movie/S&Q dial.
- You cannot do the following while [USB Streaming] is running.
- Transition to the playback screen
- Network functions (PC remote, FTP transfer, remote operation from a smartphone, Bluetooth function, etc.)
- The following functions are disabled while [USB Streaming] is running.
- Picture Profile
- Power Save Start Time
- Auto Monitor OFF
- When you connect the camera to a device using the USB 2.0 standard, the resolution and frame rate of the streaming video become set to HD (720p) 30p/HD (720p) 25p.
- If you change the settings for [File Format] or [ Res/Frame Rate]/[ Movie Recording] under [USB Streaming] during USB streaming, the streaming screen may become paused. You may also need to resume streaming from an application depending on the livestreaming service.
- Depending on the temperature environment, output image quality setting for streaming, setting for movie recording during streaming, Wi-Fi connection environment, and usage conditions before the start of streaming, the internal temperature of the camera may rise, and the time available for streaming may become shorter.