Charging the battery with a commercially available AC adaptor or mobile battery
You can use a commercially available USB cable to charge from an external power source, such as a USB AC adaptor or mobile battery.
When a device compatible with USB-PD (USB Power Delivery) is connected to the camera, fast charging is possible.
Turn off the camera, and connect an external power source to the USB Type-C terminal on the camera using a commercially available USB cable.
- Use a USB Type-C (C-C) cable when connecting to a device compatible with USB PD. Use a USB Type-C (A-C) cable when charging using a device that is not compatible with USB PD.
Charge lamp on the camera (orange)
Off: Charging finished
Flashing: Charging error or charging paused temporarily because the camera is not within the proper temperature range
- Charging time (Full charge): The charging time is approximately 255 min. (when using an AC adaptor with a rated output of 1.5 A).
- The above charging time applies when charging a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25 °C (77 °F). Charging may take longer depending on conditions of use and circumstances.
- The charge lamp turns off when charging is completed.
- If the charge lamp lights up and then immediately turns off, the battery pack is fully charged.
- When you use an AC adaptor, use one with a rated output of 1.5 A or higher.
- Use a nearby wall outlet (wall socket) when using the AC Adaptor/Battery Charger. If any malfunction occurs, disconnect the plug from the wall outlet (wall socket) immediately to disconnect from the power source. If you use the product with a charge lamp, note that the product is not disconnected from the power source even when the lamp turns off.
- If you turn on the camera, power will be supplied from the wall outlet (wall socket) and you will be able to operate the camera. However, the battery pack will not be charged.
- If the product is connected to a laptop computer that is not connected to a power source, the laptop battery level decreases. Do not leave the product connected to a laptop computer for an extended period of time.
- Do not turn on/off or restart the computer, or wake the computer from sleep mode when a USB connection has been established between the computer and the camera. Doing so may cause a malfunction. Before turning on/off or restarting the computer, or waking the computer from sleep mode, disconnect the camera from the computer.
- Charging cannot be guaranteed with a custom-built computer, modified computer, or a computer connected through a USB hub.
- The camera may not operate correctly when other USB devices are used at the same time.
- We recommend using a USB-PD device that is compatible with an output of 9V/3A or 9V/2A.
- Before charging, be sure to also read “Notes on the battery pack and charging the battery.”