Battery and power management
Your device has an embedded battery. To get the most use from it, keep track of the power consumed by different applications and features.
You can also use Battery Care to increase the battery’s lifetime. The Power-saving feature is activated by default to restrict applications from using battery power in the background. If you do not want an application to be affected, you can make it exempt in the Power-saving feature menu. Phone calls and SMS are not affected.
- System updates may change the power-saving features available on your device.
General usage tips to improve battery performance
The following tips can help you improve battery performance:
- Lower the screen brightness level.
- Turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and location services when you do not need these features.
- Turn off your device or use Airplane mode if you are in an area with no or low network coverage. Otherwise, your device repeatedly scans for available networks, and this consumes power.
- Use a Wi-Fi network instead of roaming when abroad. Roaming is scanning for your home network and puts additional demands on your battery as your device must transmit with a higher output power.
- Change the synchronization settings for your email, calendar, and contacts.
- Check the applications that have a high battery consumption and consider the battery saving tips provided on your device for these applications.
- Change the notification level for an application.
- Turn off the location-sharing permission for an application.
- Uninstall applications that you are not using.
- Use a Sony original handsfree device to listen to music. Handsfree devices consume less battery than your device’s loudspeakers.
- Restart your device every now and then.
To review your battery consumption
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Battery] to view the estimated remaining battery percentage and battery time.
- Tap (More icon) > [Battery usage] to view a list of applications and features that have consumed battery power.