Wirelessly mirroring the screen of your device on a TV
Mirroring the screen of your device on a supported TV
You can use the Screen mirroring feature to mirror the screen of your device on a TV or other large display without using a cable connection.
Wi-Fi Direct® technology creates a wireless connection between the two devices, so you can sit back and enjoy your favorite photos from the comfort of your couch. You can also use this feature to listen to music from your device using the TV’s speakers.
- TV: Follow the instructions in the User guide of your TV to turn on the Screen mirroring function.
- Your device: Find and tap [Settings] > [Device connection] > [Connection preferences] > [Screen mirroring].
- Tap [START].
- Tap [OK] and select a device.
To stop screen mirroring between devices
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Device connection] > [Connection preferences] > [Screen mirroring].
- Tap [Disconnect], then tap [OK].
- This function can be used with TVs that support the Screen mirroring feature.
- When using Screen mirroring, do not cover the Wi-Fi antenna area of your device.
- When using Screen mirroring, the image quality may sometimes be negatively impacted if there is interference from other Wi-Fi networks.
- You can also stop screen mirroring by tapping the notification in the status bar of your device. Drag the status bar downwards, tap (Expand more icon), and then tap [Disconnect] > [OK].
- Tap (More icon) for more options.
Mirroring the screen of your device on your TV while using Chromecast-compliant apps
You can mirror the screen of your device on your TV while using Chromecast-compliant apps such as YouTube.
Tap the Cast button on the app screen, and then select your TV to mirror the screen of your device on the TV. Make sure your device and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
For more information, visit Google Cast Help at support.google.com/.
- You may need to log in to the app on the TV with the same Google account that you are using on your device, depending on the app that you are using.