Shutter speed priority (S)
You can capture a moving subject in various ways by adjusting the shutter speed. For example, you can capture it at the instant of movement with a high speed shutter, or as a trailing image with a low speed shutter.
- Switch the shooting mode to [S] (Shutter speed priority).
- Set the shooting functions to your desired settings.
Select the desired shutter speed using the dial.
- Press the camera key halfway down to focus.
Press the camera key fully down.
- Use a tripod to prevent camera-shake when you have selected a slow shutter speed.
- When you shoot indoor sports scenes, set the ISO sensitivity to a higher value.