Viewing the memory status
The internal storage stores downloaded or transferred content along with personal settings and data, and it tends to fill up as a result of normal usage. If the device starts to slow down, or applications suddenly shut down, you should consider the following:
- Close running applications that you are not using.
- Uninstall downloaded applications that you do not use.
- Transfer photos, videos, and music from the internal memory to the removable memory card or Google service.
- You can purchase a memory card separately.
- If your device cannot read content on the memory card, you may need to format the card. Note that when you format the card, all content is erased.
To view the memory status
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Storage].