Connecting to a Wi-Fi network using a PC connected with a LAN cable
This section explains how to connect the speaker to a Wi-Fi network using your PC after connecting the speaker to the PC via a commercially-available LAN cable.
Do the following before starting.
- Place the speaker closer to your wireless router.
- Locate the SSID (the name of a wireless network) and encryption key (WEP or WPA), which are required to set up a Wi-Fi network. The encryption key restricts access to devices on a network. It is used to make more secure communication between the devices connected to wireless routers or access points.
- Have the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password (encryption key) of the wireless router available for reference.
For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your wireless router.
- Connect your PC to the LAN port of the speaker using the LAN cable.
- Turn the speaker on.
The (power) indicator lights up in green, then the LINK indicator begins to flash in pink. Wait about a minute until the LINK indicator lights up in pink.
- When you connect the speaker to a PC for the first time, it takes about four or five minutes until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in pink.
- Display the [Sony Network Device Settings] screen.
- Launch a browser (Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Enter the following URL in the address bar.
This URL is for connecting the PC and speaker via a LAN cable.
- Select [Network Settings] from the menu.
If it is not displayed, disconnect the PC from the Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the SSID of the wireless router and the password (encryption key).
- Select [Apply].
- Disconnect the LAN cable from the speaker with following the instruction screen.
- Check that the LINK indicator lights up in orange.
When the Wi-Fi connection is completed, the LINK indicator lights up in orange.
It may take more than a minute for the LINK indicator to light up.
The connection is complete.
If the LINK indicator flashes in red
The Wi-Fi connection is failed. Start over the procedure above.
- If you start over the procedure above for more than one time, initialize the speaker to delete information about the Wi-Fi network connection, and then start over the procedure again.
- When you connect the speaker to a Wi-Fi network for the first time after purchase, or your initialize the speaker, the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode is turned on automatically.