Connecting the remote control to multiple cameras via Wi-Fi
You can connect the remote control to a maximum of five cameras and operate all cameras simultaneously.
- Turn on the remote control.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Remote control settings) - (connection mode) - (multi connection), then press the REC/ENTER button.
- Press MENU button.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (device registration), then press the REC/ENTER button.
- Turn on the camera.
- Register the remote control to the camera.
Press the MENU button of the camera and press the UP button or DOWN button of the camera to select (Camera Settings) - (Wi-Fi connection setting) - (multi connection) - , then press the REC/ENTER button of the camera.
The camera excluding FDR-X3000/HDR-AS300/HDR-AS50/HDR-AZ1
Select [MULTI] - [NEW] in the Wi-Fi settings.
- HDR-AZ1/Lens-style Camera (QX series)
Press the Wi-Fi button of the camera and switch the connection mode of the camera to the multi connection mode, then press and hold the Wi-Fi button of the camera.
- Refer to the Help Guide of the camera on the website for how to switch the connection mode of the camera.
- Select (execute) of the remote control, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- The requested connection is accepted and the LCD screen of the remote control switches to Live-View display.
- If you will continue to connect multiple cameras, repeat from step 4.
- Register cameras before connection standby mode of the remote control is canceled.
- The multi camera control function is only available with the compatible cameras.
- When operating a camera that does not support the multi camera control function, set the connection mode to (single connection).
- You cannot copy images recorded in the camera to the remote control.
- The WPS method is used for connecting the remote control to multiple cameras. If there is another device using the WPS method in the vicinity of the cameras, the registration may fail. If the registration fails, reconnect by performing each step again.