Notes on using the Remote Commander
(Only for models supplied with the Remote Commander)
- The water resistance specifications of the Remote Commander are equivalent to IEC 60529 “Degrees of protection against ingress of water (IP Code)” IPX5(*1), and the dust proofing specifications of Remote Commander are equivalent to IEC 60529 “Degrees of protection against solid foreign objects” IP6X(*2).
- Radio waves do not transmit through water. You cannot use the Remote Commander in a swimming pool.
- You cannot use the Remote Commander when it is wet.
- The antenna (aerial) is built into the Remote Commander.
- The Remote Commander may become inoperable when you use it under the following conditions.
- In areas with a wireless LAN.
- Near devices (microwave ovens, mobile phones, mobile gaming devices, etc.) with an active communication function.
- In areas where electromagnetic waves are emitted.
- In situations where people may block the built-in antenna (aerial) in the Remote Commander (such as on a crowded train).
- When you cover the built-in antenna (aerial) with your hand.
- Wash the Remote Commander in lukewarm water if tanning oil or sunscreen adheres to the Remote Commander. These substances may cause damage to the Remote Commander, such as discoloration or cracks.
- Do not tighten the band of the Remote Commander excessively. Otherwise, your finger may get a rash from sweating with poor ventilation.
- The band of the Remote Commander may deteriorate due to long-term use or storage.
*1 IPX5 (Degrees of protection against jets of water): The Remote Commander has been tested under and maintains its operability under the following test conditions: When exposed to direct streams of water from any direction where approximately 12.5 l/min. of water is supplied for more than 3 minutes from a distance of approximately 3 m using a nozzle with an inner diameter of 6.3 mm.
*2 IP6X (Degrees of protection against dust): The Remote Commander has been tested to and continues to block dust after stirring for 8 hours in a testing device which contains dust particles that are up to 75 μm in diameter.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.