Formatting the Walkman memory
This operation deletes all data (including sample data and the supplied software installer) that is stored on the Walkman. Before you format the internal memory of the Walkman, save a backup copy of important data.
- Pause playback.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth function is turned off.
- Hold down the button () for 15 seconds.
The lamp () will flash quickly.
- Release the button ().
The lamp () will light up.
- Press the button ( or ) within 30 seconds after the lamp () lights up in red.
The color of the lamp () will change to green.
If you do not press the button within 30 seconds, formatting will be canceled.
- Press the button () while the lamp () is lit.
The lamp () will flash quickly and formatting will start. When formatting is complete, the lamp () turns off.
- When the Bluetooth connection is active, you cannot format the memory of the Walkman.
- Sony does not guarantee performance if you format the memory of the Walkman using a computer.
- Even if you format the memory, pairing information will remain.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.