Limiting the volume
The AVLS (Automatic Volume Limiter System) function reduces the risk of damage to ears from loud volumes. The AVLS function limits the maximum volume. AVLS has the following features.
- AVLS limits the volume to a certain level.
- AVLS prevents disturbances to others caused by loud volumes.
- AVLS allows you to listen at a more comfortable volume.
- Pause playback.
- While you hold down the button (), hold down the button () for 5 seconds.
The lamp () will flash twice and the AVLS function will turn on. The Walkman will now keep the volume at a moderate level.
To turn off the AVLS function
While you hold down the button (), hold down the button () for 5 seconds.
The lamp () will flash twice.
- When the Walkman is in the Headphone mode, you cannot turn on the AVLS function.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.