Listening to music from a device via Bluetooth connection
If your Bluetooth device supports the following profiles, you can enjoy listening to music and control the device from your headset via Bluetooth connection.
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
You can enjoy high-quality music wirelessly.
AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
You can adjust the volume, etc.
The operation may vary depending on the Bluetooth device. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth device.
Put the headset units into both ears.
Check the (left) and (right) marks on the headset.
Put the headset unit with the (left) mark into your left ear and the headset unit with the (right) mark into your right ear. There is a tactile dot on the left unit of the headset.
A: Tactile dot
Check the position relation between the ear and the headset when you put the headset unit into your ear.
B: Position to insert the driver unit part
C: Position to support the housing part
D: Position to hook the fitting supporter
b: Driver unit part
c: Housing part (Insert the side with the charging port into your ear)
d: Fitting supporter
Hold the headset with your fingers.
Insert the driver unit part (b) into your ear (B).
Rotate in the direction of the arrow so that the housing part (c) is at the position of the ear (C).
Push the fitting supporter (d) into the ear grooves (D).
Check if the headset is worn properly.
Touch the fitting supporter (d) with your finger and check that it is in the ear grooves (D).
Shake your head lightly and make sure that the headset is not out of position.
Connect the headset to a Bluetooth device.
Operate the Bluetooth device to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- In the factory settings, when you listen to music while wearing both units of the headset, the headset will pause music playback if one or both units are removed. When you put the removed headset unit into your ear again, the headset will resume music playback.
- The headset supports SCMS-T content protection. You can enjoy music and other audio on the headset from a device such as a portable TV that supports SCMS-T content protection.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may be necessary to adjust the volume or set the audio output setting on the device.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
You can also listen to music by removing only one unit from the charging case and putting it into your ear.
When you are listening to music with only one unit, if you put the other unit into the other ear, you can listen to music with both units.
- In the factory settings, you cannot adjust the volume on the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device. If you are unable to adjust the volume on the connected device, install the “Sony | Headphones Connect” smartphone app and adjust the volume in the app.
- If the communication condition is poor, the Bluetooth device may react incorrectly to the operation on the headset.