Making a call
You can enjoy a hands-free call with a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via Bluetooth connection.
- If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
- The operation may vary depending on the smartphone or mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the smartphone or mobile phone.
- Depending on the connected device or the application you are using, the functions may not work properly even if you try to operate them with the headset.
Connect the headset to a smartphone/mobile phone via Bluetooth connection.
Operate your smartphone or mobile phone to make a call.
When you make a call, the dial tone is heard from the headset.
If you make a call while you are listening to music, playback pauses.
You can talk using the microphones on the headset.
A: Microphones (left, right)
If no dial tone is heard via the headset
Use your smartphone or mobile phone to switch from the call device to the headset, or tap the left or right unit of the headset or in the area near your ear 3 times quickly (with an interval of about 0.2 seconds).
Operate the smartphone or mobile phone to adjust the volume.
When you finish talking, tap the left or right unit of the headset or in the area near your ear twice quickly (with an interval of about 0.2 seconds) to end the call.
If you made a call during music playback, music playback resumes automatically after ending the call.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Even if you change the volume during a call, the volume of music playback does not change.
- You can also enjoy hands-free calls even when you are wearing only one unit of the headset. If you put the other unit into the other ear while you are talking with only one unit, you can talk with both units.
- Use a smartphone or mobile phone at least 50 cm (19.69 in.) away from the headset. Noise may result if the smartphone or mobile phone is too close to the headset.
- In the factory settings, you cannot adjust the volume on the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device. If you are unable to adjust the volume on the connected device, install the “Sony | Headphones Connect” smartphone app and adjust the volume in the app.