About the voice guidance
In the factory settings, when the headset is worn in your ears, you will hear the English voice guidance via the headset.
You can change the language of the voice guidance and turn on/off the voice guidance using “Sony | Headphones Connect” app. For more details, refer to the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app help guide.
- When pairing the headset for the first time after purchase or after initializing the headset (when there is no pairing information in the headset), when entering pairing mode automatically by removing the headset from the charging case/When pairing the headset manually and removing the headset from the charging case when in pairing mode: “Pairing”
- When automatically turning off due to low battery of the headset: “Battery is empty”
- When the remaining battery charge of the headset is low: “Low battery”
- When the Google™ Assistant is not available during software update: “The Google assistant is not available during update. Please wait a moment until the update completes.”
- When the Google Assistant is not available on the smartphone connected to the headset even when operating the headset unit to which the Google Assistant feature is assigned: “The Google Assistant is not connected”
- When Amazon Alexa is not available on the smartphone connected to the headset even when operating the headset unit to which the Amazon Alexa feature is assigned: “Either your mobile device isn’t connected; or you need to open the Alexa App and try again”
- When the corresponding app is not launched even when operating the headset unit to which the Quick Access feature is assigned: “App assigned to the Quick Access is not launched on the mobile device”
- It takes about 20 minutes when you change the language of the voice guidance.
- When you initialize the headset to restore to the factory settings after you change the language of the voice guidance, the language will also return to the factory settings.
- If the voice guidance is not heard after changing the voice guidance language or updating the software of the headset, set the headset into the charging case to turn it off, then remove the headset from the charging case to turn it on again.