Charging the battery pack
- The supplied AC Adaptor is dedicated to this product. Do not connect with other electronic devices. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- Make sure to use a genuine Sony AC Adaptor.
- If the product's charge lamp flashes while charging, remove the battery pack being charged, and then insert the same battery pack firmly back into the product.
If the charge lamp flashes again, this may indicate a faulty battery or that a battery pack other than the specified type has been inserted.
Check that the battery pack is the specified type.
If the battery pack is the specified type, remove the battery pack, replace it with a new or different one and check that the newly inserted battery is charging correctly. If the newly inserted battery is charging correctly, the previously inserted battery may be faulty.
- If the charge lamp flashes even if the AC Adaptor is connected to the product and the wall outlet (wall socket), this indicates that charging has stopped temporarily and is on standby. Charging stops and enters standby status automatically when the temperature is outside of the recommended operating temperature. When the temperature returns to the appropriate range, charging resumes and the charge lamp lights up again. We recommend charging the battery pack in an ambient temperature of between 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 86°F).
- If you turn on the camera while charging the battery pack, power will be supplied from the wall outlet (wall socket). You can shoot or play back images while power is being supplied, but the battery pack will not charge.