Selects the focusing area. Use this function when it is difficult to get the proper focus in auto focus mode.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Area] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focuses automatically on a subject in all ranges of the image.
When you press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button halfway down, a green frame is displayed around the area that is in focus.
- Focuses automatically on a subject in the center of the image. When used together with the focus lock function, you can compose the image you want.
- Flexible Spot:
- Allows you to move the focusing frame to the desired point on the screen and focus on an extremely small subject in a narrow area.
- Expand Flexible Spot:
- If the product fails to focus on the single selected point, it uses the focus points around the flexible spot as the second priority area to achieve focus.
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Flexible Spot] or [Expand Flexible Spot], pressing the (Enter) button to which [Focus Standard] has been assigned allows you to shoot images while adjusting the position of the focusing frame by pressing the up/down/left/right buttons. When you want to change the shooting settings using the up/down/left/right buttons, press the (Enter) button.
- If you cannot focus on the subject by setting [Focus Area] to [Wide], change the setting to [Center] and position the subject within the focusing frame. Press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button halfway down to lock the focus, and return to the original composition to shoot images with the focus locked (Focus Lock).
- Functions assigned to the up/down/left/right buttons cannot be executed while the focusing frame is being moved.