D-Range Opt. (DRO)
By dividing the image into small areas, the product analyzes the contrast of light and shadow between the subject and the background, and creates an image with the optimal brightness and gradation.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [DRO/Auto HDR] → [D-Range Opt.].
Select the desired setting using the left/right button.
Menu item details
- D-Range Optimizer: Auto:
- Corrects the brightness automatically.
- D-Range Optimizer: Lv1 ― D-Range Optimizer: Lv5:
- Optimizes the gradation of a recorded image for each divided area. Select the optimization level from Lv1 (weak) to Lv5 (strong).
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is locked to [Off] when [Multi Frame NR] is used, or [Picture Effect] is not set to [Off].
- [DRO/Auto HDR] is fixed to [Off] when [Picture Profile] is set to something other than [Off].
- When shooting with [D-Range Opt.], the image may be noisy. Select the proper level by checking the recorded image, especially when you enhance the effect.