Selects the method to suit your purpose (still images or movies).
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- (Single-shot AF):
- Press the SHUTTER/MOVIE button halfway down to focus automatically. While the SHUTTER/MOVIE button is pressed halfway down, the focus is locked. This focus mode is available only during still image shooting.
- (Preset Focus):
- The focus is locked so that a satisfying resolution can be achieved in a wide front-to-back range. You can shoot movies without additional focusing operations. When the camera and the subject are close, use the NEAR mode. This focus mode is available only during movie shooting.
- (Manual Focus):
- Adjusts the focus manually.
- If the subject is too close, the image may show any dust or fingerprints on the lens. Wipe the lens with a soft cloth, etc.
- When shooting still images, [Preset Focus] is not available. When shooting movies, [Single-shot AF] is not available.