Detects the faces of your subjects and adjusts the focus, exposure settings and performs image processing automatically.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Face Detection] → desired setting.
Menu item details
Does not use the Face Detection function.
On (Regist. Faces):
Detects the registered face with higher priority using [Face Registration].
Detects a face without giving higher priority to the registered face.
Face Detection frame
- When the product detects a face, the gray face detection frame appears. When the product determines that autofocus is enabled, the face detection frame turns white. When you press the shutter button halfway down, the frame turns green.
- In case you have registered the priority order for each face using [Face Registration], the product automatically selects the first prioritized face and the face detection frame over that face turns white. The face detection frames of other registered faces turn reddish-purple.
- You cannot use the Face Detection function with the following functions:
- [Picture Effect] is set to [Posterization].
- [Record Setting] is set to [120p]/[100p].
- Up to eight faces of your subjects can be detected.
- The product may not detect faces at all or may accidentally detect other objects as faces in some conditions.