When you use a memory card with this camera for the first time, we recommend that you format the card using the camera for stable performance of the memory card. Note that formatting permanently erases all data on the memory card, and is unrecoverable. Save valuable data on a computer, etc.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Media] → [Format] → desired memory card slot.
- Formatting permanently erases all data including protected images and registered settings (from M1 to M4).
- The access lamp lights up during formatting. Do not remove the memory card while the access lamp is lit up.
- Format the memory card on this camera. If you format the memory card on the computer, the memory card may not be usable depending on the format type.
- It may take a few minutes to complete formatting, depending on the memory card.
- You cannot format the memory card if the remaining battery charge is less than 1%.