Face/Eye Frame Disp. (still image/movie)
Sets whether or not to display the face/eye detection frame when a face or eyes are detected.
- MENU → (Focus) → [Face/Eye AF] → [Face/Eye Frame Disp.] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Displays a detection frame when a face or eyes are detected.
- Does not display a detection frame when a face or eyes are detected.
Face detection frame
When the camera detects a face, the gray face-detection frame appears. The frame color will be reddish purple if the detected face has been registered using the [Face Memory] function.
The face detection frame turns white when the face is detected inside or around the focus area, and the camera determines that autofocus is enabled.
Eye detection frame
A white eye detection frame appears when an eye is detected and the camera determines that autofocusing is possible, depending on the settings.
The eye detection frame is displayed as follows when [Face/Eye Subject] is set to [Animal].
- If you want the face or eye detection frame to disappear within a certain period of time after the camera has focused on the face or eye, set [AF Area Auto Clear] to [On].
- If the subject is moving too much, the detection frame may not be displayed correctly over their eyes.
- The eye detection frame is not displayed when the Eye AF function is unavailable.
- Even if [Face/Eye Frame Disp.] is set to [Off], a green focusing frame will be displayed over faces or eyes that are in focus.