Silent Mode Settings (still image/movie)
You can configure settings related to the silent mode, which allows you to shoot without shutter sounds or electronic sounds. You can also set whether or not to change the settings for other functions that emit sounds from the camera when the camera is set to the silent mode.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Shutter/Silent] → [Silent Mode Settings] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Silent Mode:
- Sets whether or not to shoot without shutter sounds or electronic sounds. ([On]/[Off])
When set to [On], [Shutter Type] and [Shutter Type in Interval] become locked to [Electronic Shutter], and [Audio signals] becomes locked to [Off].
- Target Function Settings:
- Sets whether or not to simultaneously change the settings for other functions that emit sounds from the camera when the camera is set to the silent mode. ([Aperture Drive in AF]/[Auto Pixel Mapping])
If you select [Not Target], the setting values for each function will be retained even in the silent mode.
- Use the [Silent Mode] function on your own responsibility, while taking sufficient consideration to the privacy and portrait rights of the subject.
- Even if [Silent Mode] is set to [On], it will not be completely silent.
- Even if [Silent Mode] is set to [On], the operating sound of the aperture and focus will sound.
- If [Auto Pixel Mapping] is set to [On], shutter sounds may occasionally be heard when the power is turned off. This is not a malfunction.
- Image distortion caused by the movement of the subject or the camera may occur.
- If you shoot images under instantaneous lightning or flickering lights, such as the flash light from other cameras or fluorescent lighting, a striping effect may occur on the image.
- Even if [Silent Mode] is set to [On], you may hear shutter sounds when you register a face using [Face Memory].
- When [Silent Mode] is set to [On], the following functions are not available:
- Flash shooting
- Long Exposure NR
- e-Front Curtain Shut.
- BULB shooting