You can set whether to shoot with a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter.
MENU → (Shooting) → [Shutter/Silent] → [Shutter Type] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Mechanical Shutter:
- Shoot with the mechanical shutter only.
- Electronic Shutter:
- Shoot with the electronic shutter only.
- In the following situations, set the [Shutter Type] to [Electronic Shutter].
- When shooting with a high-speed shutter in a bright environment such as outside in bright sunlight, the beach, or snowy mountains.
- When you want to increase the speed of continuous shooting.
- In rare cases, the shutter sound may be produced when the power is turned off even if the [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter]. However, this is not a malfunction.
- Even if [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter], you may hear shutter sounds when you register a face using [Face Memory].
- [Shutter Type] cannot be selected when the shooting mode is a mode other than P/A/S/M.
- When [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter], the following functions are not available:
- Flash shooting
- Long Exposure NR
- e-Front Curtain Shut.
- BULB shooting