The zoom features available with this product
The zoom feature of the product provides a higher magnification zoom by combining various zoom features. The icon displayed on the screen changes, according to the selected zoom feature.
When a power zoom lens is mounted:
When a lens other than a power zoom lens is mounted:
Optical zoom range
Zoom images in the zoom range of a lens.
When a power zoom lens is mounted, the zoom bar of the optical zoom range is displayed.
When a lens other than a power zoom lens is mounted, the zoom slider becomes locked at the left end of the zoom bar while the zoom position is in the optical zoom range. The magnification is displayed as “×1.0.” If [Zoom Range] is set to [Optical zoom only], the zoom slider will not be displayed.
Smart Zoom range ()
Zoom images without causing the original quality to deteriorate by partially cropping an image (only when [JPEG Image Size]/[HEIF Image Size] is set to [M] or [S]).
Clear Image Zoom range ()
Zoom images using an image process with less deterioration.
When you set [Zoom Range] to [Clear Image Zoom] or [Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
Digital Zoom range ()
You can magnify images using an image process.
When you set [Zoom Range] to [Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
- The default setting for the [Zoom Range] is [Optical zoom only].
- The default setting for the [JPEG Image Size]/[HEIF Image Size] is [L]. To use the smart zoom, change [JPEG Image Size]/[HEIF Image Size] to [M] or [S].
- With a power zoom lens mounted, if you enlarge an image beyond the optical zoom range, the camera will automatically switch to Clear Image Zoom or digital zoom.
- The Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom and Digital Zoom functions are not available when shooting in the following situations:
- [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG]/[RAW & HEIF].
- [Rec Frame Rate] is set to [120p]/[100p].
- During slow-motion/quick-motion shooting with the [Frame Rate] set to [240fps]/[200fps] or [120fps]/[100fps]
- You cannot use the Smart Zoom function with movies.
- When you use a zoom function other than the optical zoom, the [Focus Area] setting is disabled and the focusing frame is shown by the dotted line. The AF operates with priority on and around the center area.
- When you use the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom or Digital Zoom function, [Metering Mode] is locked to [Multi].
- When using the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom or Digital Zoom function, the following functions are not available:
- Face/Eye Prior. in AF
- Face Priority in Multi Metering
- Tracking function
- To use another zoom function than the optical zoom for movies, assign [Zoom] to the desired key using [Custom Key Setting].