JPEG/HEIF Switch (Photo Capture)
Switches the file format (JPEG / HEIF) for still images captured with [Photo Capture].
You can view and edit JPEG files in various environments. The HEIF format has high compression efficiency. The camera can record with high image quality and small file sizes in the HEIF format. Depending on the computer or software, you may not be able to view or edit HEIF files. In addition, a HEIF-compatible environment is required to play back still images in the HEIF format. You can enjoy high-quality still images by connecting the camera and the TV via HDMI.
- MENU → (Playback) → [Edit] → [JPEG/HEIF Switch] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Performs digital processing on the RAW file and records it in the JPEG format. This setting gives priority to compatibility.
- Performs digital processing on the RAW file and records it in the HEIF (4:2:0) format. This setting gives priority to image quality and compression efficiency.
- Performs digital processing on the RAW file and records it in the HEIF (4:2:2) format. This setting gives priority to image quality.
- HEIF image files recorded with this camera cannot be displayed on other cameras that do not support the HEIF file format. Be careful not to accidentally erase HEIF image files by formatting the memory card or deleting the files.