HLG Still Image
By using gamma characteristics equivalent to HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma: standard for HDR images), you can shoot still images with a wide dynamic range and a wide color gamut compatible with BT.2020.
[HLG Still Image] can only be set when shooting in the HEIF format. Set [JPEG/HEIF Switch] to [HEIF(4:2:0)] or [HEIF(4:2:2)], and [File Format] to [HEIF] beforehand.
- MENU → (Shooting) → [Image Quality] → [HLG Still Image] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Shoots HLG still images.
- Shoots normal still images.
- You can reproduce a wider range of brightness by playing back HLG still images on an HLG-compatible TV or monitor.
- You can display HLG still images on the camera’s monitor in almost the same quality as when they are displayed on an HLG- (BT.2020-) compatible monitor by setting as follows.
- [Gamma Display Assist]: [On]
- [Gamma Disp. Assist Typ.]: [Auto] or [HLG(BT.2020)]
- In the following situations, [HLG Still Image] is fixed to [Off]:
- [JPEG/HEIF Switch] is set to [JPEG]
- [File Format] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & HEIF]
- When a shooting mode other than P / A / S / M is set during still image shooting
- When the ISO sensitivity is temporarily activated by the [Reg. Custom Shoot Set] function
- When the [DRO Bracket] function under [Drive Mode] is temporarily activated by the [Reg. Custom Shoot Set] function
- When [HLG Still Image] is set to [On], the following functions are not available.
- [D-Range Optimizer]
- [Creative Look]
- [DRO Bracket] under [Drive Mode]
- [Picture Profile]
- When [HLG Still Image] is set to [On], the available ISO range changes.