Configure settings for the file names of recorded movies.
- MENU → (Shooting) → [File] → [File Settings] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- File Number:
- You can set how to assign file numbers to movies.
- [Series]: Does not reset file numbers even if the memory card is changed.
- [Reset]: Resets the file number when the memory card is changed.
- Series Counter Reset:
- Resets the series counter used when [File Number] is set to [Series].
- File Name Format:
- You can set the format for movie file names.
- [Standard]: The file name of the recorded movie starts with “C.” Example: C0001
[Title]: The file name of the recorded movie becomes “Title+File number.”
[Date + Title]: The file name of the recorded movie becomes “Date+Title+File number.”
[Title + Date]: The file name of the recorded movie becomes “Title+Date+ File number.”
- Title Name Settings:
- You can set the title when [File Name Format] is set to [Title], [Date + Title], or [Title + Date].
- The settings for [File Number] and [File Name Format] are applied to both Slot 1 and Slot 2.
- When [File Number] is set to [Series], file numbers will be assigned sequentially across the memory cards in the slots even if you change the [Prioritize Rec. Media] setting.
- Only alphanumeric characters and symbols can be input for [Title Name Settings]. Up to 37 characters can be entered.
- Titles specified using [Title Name Settings] are only applied to movies recorded after the setting is made.
- You cannot set how folder names are assigned for movies.
- If you are using an SDHC memory card, [File Name Format] is locked to [Standard].
- If there are unused numbers due to file deletion, etc., these numbers will be reused when the movie file number reaches “9999.”