On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). The maximum communication distance may vary depending on the presence of obstacles (people, metal objects, walls, etc.) or the electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the headset and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
- This product emits radio waves when used in wireless mode. When used in wireless mode on an airplane, follow flight crew directions regarding permissible use of products in wireless mode.
- The audio playback on the headset may be delayed from that on the transmitting device, due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless technology. As a result, the sound may not be in sync with the image when viewing movies or playing games.
- The headset supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard as a means of ensuring security during communication using Bluetooth wireless technology. However, depending on the configured settings and other factors, this security may not be sufficient. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sony shall assume no responsibility for any damages or loss resulting from information leaks that occur when using Bluetooth communications.
Bluetooth connections with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- Bluetooth devices connected with the headset must comply with the Bluetooth standard prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant.
- Even when a connected device complies with the Bluetooth standard, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the Bluetooth device make it unable to connect, or result in different control methods, display, or operation.
- When using the headset to perform hands-free talking on the phone, noise may occur depending on the connected device or the communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
- The headset does not support multipoint connection.
If the headset supports the multipoint function, the headset can connect to a music playback device (A2DP profile, Walkman, etc.) and a communication device (HFP or HSP profile, smartphone, etc.) at the same time, and you can listen to music while waiting for an incoming call or making a call.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To reduce the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials, which suppress the generation of static electricity.
Notes on wearing the headset
- After use, remove the headset from your ears slowly.
- Because the earbud tips achieve a tight seal in the ears, forcibly pressing them in or quickly pulling them out can result in eardrum damage. When putting on the headset, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- Do not subject the headset to excessive shock as it is a precision device.
- The touch sensors may not operate properly if you apply stickers or other adhesive items to the touch sensors.
- The Bluetooth function may not work with a mobile phone, depending on the signal conditions and the surrounding environment.
- If you experience discomfort while using the headset, stop using it immediately.
- The earbud tips may be damaged or deteriorate with long-term use and storage.
- If water or foreign objects enter the headset, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or a foreign object enters the headset, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the headset around a sink, etc.
Be careful that the headset does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the headset in the rain or snow, or in locations with high humidity
- When using the headset around a sink, etc.
Cleaning the headset
- When the outside of the headset is dirty, clean it by wiping with a soft dry cloth. If the headset is particularly dirty, soak a cloth in a dilute solution of neutral detergent, and wring it well before wiping. Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.
Do not use the headset near medical devices
- Radio waves can affect cardiac pacemakers and medical devices. Do not use the headset in crowded places such as crowded trains or inside a medical institution.
- The headset (including accessories) has magnet(s) which may interfere with pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices. Do not place the headset close to persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using the headset if you use any such medical device.
Keep the headset away from the magnetic card
- The headset uses magnets. If you bring a magnetic card close to the headset, the card magnet may be affected and become unusable.