Speaking with someone while wearing the headset (Speak-to-Chat)
If Speak-to-Chat is enabled in advance, the Speak-to-Chat mode starts automatically when you talk to someone. The headset pauses or mutes the music being played and captures the voice of the person you are conversing with on the microphones to make it easier to hear.
When the headset does not detect the wearer’s voice for a certain period of time, the Speak-to-Chat mode ends automatically.
If you want to end the mode before that, tap the touch sensor on either unit of the headset.
To enable Speak-to-Chat
To activate the Speak-to-Chat mode, the headset’s automatic audio detection must be enabled in advance.
In the factory settings, Speak-to-Chat is disabled. To enable, change the setting with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
To disable Speak-to-Chat
To disable, change the setting with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
About the instruction manual video
Watch the video to find out how to use Speak-to-Chat.
- The Speak-to-Chat mode also ends in the following instance.
- When both units of the headset are removed while the wearing detection automatic power off function is enabled
- When you use the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, you can change the sensitivity of the automatic audio detection and change the time until the Speak-to-Chat mode ends, in addition to switch the mode between enabled and disabled. In the factory settings, the time until the mode ends is set to about 15 seconds.
- The Speak-to-Chat mode activates when it detects the speech of the person wearing the headset, but in rare cases it may activate in response to vibrations caused by devices such as electric toothbrushes, electric massagers, and electric shavers, or by activities such as brushing your teeth, coughing, or humming. In cases where the Speak-to-Chat mode frequently activates by accident, set Speak-to-Chat to “L Sensitivity”.
- Music playback is paused while the Speak-to-Chat mode is active only when connected via Bluetooth connection.
- The connected device or playback application you are using may not support the pausing of music playback when the Speak-to-Chat mode is activated or the resuming of music playback when the Speak-to-Chat mode is deactivated.