Noise is heard during music playback.
- When you use the headset while you are walking or running, the sound of vibrations may be heard through your body, but this is due to the characteristics of the product and not a malfunction.
- When the noise canceling function or the Ambient Sound Mode is set to ON, wind noise may become louder depending on the surrounding environment.
On the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, select [Ambient Sound Control] - [Noise Canceling] - [Automatic Wind Noise Reduction].
- The sound conduits (sound output tubes), air holes, and microphone holes (in 2 locations) of the headset are not completely watertight. If any water droplets are left in the sound conduits, air holes, or microphone holes (in 2 locations), a beeping sound (feedback) may be heard temporarily. This is not a malfunction. See “When you have finished using the headset” and dry the headset before use.
- When the Adaptive Sound Control function is turned on, the headset detects the wearer's actions and adjusts the noise canceling function automatically. When this setting is changed, music may pause momentarily and an alert sound may be heard. This sound notifies you that the setting has been changed.
If you want to deactivate this notification sound, use the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app to turn the setting off.
- If you cover the microphones of the left or right unit of the headset, or if you grasp the headset unit in your hand, a beeping sound (feedback) may be heard. This is not a malfunction. In that case, remove your hands, etc. from the left and right microphones.
- If the Ambient Sound Mode is enabled in a rather noisy environment, a noise may be heard. This is not a malfunction. In this case, set the noise canceling function to ON or set the noise canceling function and the Ambient Sound Mode to OFF.