Initializing the headset to restore factory settings
If the headset does not operate correctly even after resetting, initialize the headset.
Set the headset into the charging case.
Leave the lid of the charging case open after setting the headset.
Hold your fingers to the touch sensors on both the left and right units for about 10 seconds.
The indicator (red) of the charging case starts flashing.
Release your fingers within 5 seconds after the indicator starts flashing.
When the initializing is complete, the indicator (green) of the charging case flashes 4 times ( ).
This operation resets volume settings, etc. to the factory settings, and deletes all pairing information. In this case, delete the pairing information for the headset from the connected device and then pair them again.
If the headset does not operate correctly even after initializing, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
About the instruction manual video
Watch the video to find out how to initialize.
- You can also initialize the headset with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- When the remaining battery charge of the charging case is not sufficient, the headset will not start initializing. Charge the charging case.
- If you do not release your finger within 5 seconds after the indicator starts flashing in step 3, the headset will not be initialized. Try again from step 2.
- If you have updated the software after purchasing the headset, even if you initialize the headset, the software is retained updated.
- When you initialize the headset to restore the factory settings after you change the language of the voice guidance, the language will also return to the factory setting.