Connecting the headset to an Android smartphone and an iPhone (multipoint connection)
Usually, when you connect the headset to a smartphone, both the music playback function and the phone call function are connected simultaneously.
To make a multipoint connection using a smartphone and an iPhone to use one for listening to music and the other for making phone calls, change the settings on the smartphone so that only one of the functions is connected. Connect the smartphone before connecting the iPhone.
You cannot set the iPhone to connect one function only.
- Pair the headset with both the smartphone and the iPhone, respectively.
- Operate the smartphone to establish a Bluetooth connection with the headset.
- Operate the smartphone connected to the headset, uncheck either [Call audio] (HFP) or [Media audio] (A2DP).
Operation example: For connecting only through media audio (A2DP)
Touch [Settings] - [Device connection] - [Bluetooth] - the setting icon next to [WH-1000XM4].
On the [Paired devices] screen, uncheck [Call audio].
- Operate the iPhone to establish a Bluetooth connection with the headset.
The iPhone is connected with the function unchecked in step 3.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Android smartphone and iPhone.
- When using multipoint connection, the remaining battery charge of the headset will not be correctly displayed on the screen of the device that is connected for listening to music (A2DP).