Optimizing the noise canceling function to suit the wearer (NC Optimizer)
This function optimizes the noise canceling function by detecting the shape of your face, your hairstyle, how you wear the headset due to the presence or absence of glasses, or the pressure change in an airplane.
It is recommended that you run the NC Optimizer function when using the headset for the first time, when the wearing condition has been changed or when the air pressure changes between being on an airplane and on the ground, etc.
Put on the headset with the power turned on.
Press and hold the CUSTOM button for about 2 seconds until you hear the voice guidance say, “Optimizer start”.
Test signals will be heard during the optimization. When the optimizing process is finished, you will hear the voice guidance say, “Optimizer finished”.
About the instruction manual video
Watch the video to find out how to use the NC Optimizer function.
- It is recommended that you run the NC Optimizer again after changing your hairstyle, removing eyeglasses worn on a daily basis, or implementing other changes to the wearing conditions.
- If you are on an airplane, we recommend that you turn on the NC Optimizer function at the stable flight condition.
- The condition optimized with the NC Optimizer function is retained until the NC Optimizer function is used again. It is recommended that you turn on the NC Optimizer function once again after getting off the airplane and so on.
- The NC Optimizer can also be operated from the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- Put on the headset under the actual usage conditions when running the NC Optimizer. It is recommended that you do not touch the headset while the NC Optimizer is running.
- If the headset receives another operation while performing the NC Optimizer, the optimizing is canceled.
- If the CUSTOM button is set as the Google Assistant button, the NC Optimizer function cannot be operated from the headset.
- If the CUSTOM button is set as the Amazon Alexa button, the NC Optimizer function cannot be operated from the headset.