Connecting the headset to 2 Android smartphones (multipoint connection)
Usually, when you connect the headset to a smartphone, both the music playback function and the phone call function are connected simultaneously.
To make a multipoint connection using 2 smartphones to use one for listening to music and the other for making phone calls, set up to connect to only one function by operating the smartphone.
- Pair the headset with both smartphones, respectively.
- Operate one of the smartphones to establish a Bluetooth connection with the headset.
- Operate the smartphone connected to the headset, uncheck either [Call audio] (HFP) or [Media audio] (A2DP).
Operation example: For connecting only through media audio (A2DP)
Touch [Settings] - [Device connection] - [Bluetooth] - the setting icon next to [WH-1000XM4].
On the [Paired devices] screen, uncheck [Call audio].
- Operate the smartphone to terminate the Bluetooth connection.
- Operate the other smartphone to establish a Bluetooth connection with the headset.
- In the same way, uncheck the function that you did not uncheck in step 3.
- Operate the first smartphone to establish a Bluetooth connection with the headset.
Both smartphones are connected to the headset with only one function enabled.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Android smartphone.
- When using multipoint connection, the remaining battery charge of the headset will not be correctly displayed on the screen of the device that is connected for listening to music (A2DP).