On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). The maximum communication distance may vary depending on the presence of obstacles (people, metal objects, walls, etc.) or the electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this unit and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
- When you use the headset on an airplane, follow the instructions of cabin attendants or ask the airline you fly with about conditions for using the headset. If you do not use the supplied headphone cable, radio waves may affect instruments, causing risk of accident due to malfunction. Be sure that you use the supplied headphone cable on an airplane.
- The audio playback on this unit may be delayed from that on the transmitting device, due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless technology. As a result, the sound may not be in sync with the image when viewing movies or playing games.
- The unit supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard as a means of ensuring security during communication using Bluetooth wireless technology. However, depending on the configured settings and other factors, this security may not be sufficient. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sony shall assume no responsibility for any damages or loss resulting from information leaks that occur when using Bluetooth communications.
- Bluetooth connections with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- Bluetooth devices connected with the unit must comply with the Bluetooth standard prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant.
- Even when a connected device complies with the Bluetooth standard, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the Bluetooth device make it unable to connect, or result in different control methods, display, or operation.
- When using the unit to perform hands-free talking on the phone, noise may occur depending on the connected device or the communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To reduce the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials, which suppress the generation of static electricity.
Notes on wearing the unit
- Because the headphones achieve a tight seal over the ears, forcibly pressing them against your ears or quickly pulling them off can result in eardrum damage. When wearing the headset, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- Do not subject the unit to excessive shock.
- The touch sensor may not operate properly if you apply stickers or other adhesive items to the touch sensor control panel.
- Be careful not to catch your finger in the unit when folding.
- When you use the unit as wired headphones, use the supplied headphone cable only. Make sure that the headphone cable is firmly inserted.
- The Bluetooth function may not work with a mobile phone, depending on the signal conditions and the surrounding environment.
- Do not apply weight or pressure to the unit for long periods, including when it is stored, as it may cause deformation.
- If you experience discomfort while using the unit, stop using it immediately.
- The earpads may be damaged or deteriorate with long-term use and storage.
The unit is not waterproof. If water or foreign objects enter the unit, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or a foreign object enters the unit, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the unit around a sink, etc.
Be careful that the unit does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the unit in the rain or snow, or in humid locations
- When using the unit while you are sweaty
If you touch the unit with wet hands, or put the unit in the pocket of a damp article of clothing, the unit may get wet.
- When using the unit around a sink, etc.
Cleaning the unit
- When the outside of the unit is dirty, clean it by wiping with a soft dry cloth. If the unit is particularly dirty, soak a cloth in a dilute solution of neutral detergent, and wring it well before wiping. Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.
Do not use the headset near medical devices
- Radio waves can affect cardiac pacemakers and medical devices. Do not use the headset in crowded places such as crowded trains or inside a medical institution.
- The headset (including accessories) has magnet(s) which may interfere with pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices. Do not place the headset close to persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using the headset if you use any such medical device.
Keep the headset away from the magnetic card
- The headset uses magnets. If you bring a magnetic card close to the headset, the card magnet may be affected and become unusable.