One-touch connection (NFC) with an Android smartphone
By touching the headset with a smartphone, the headset turns on automatically and then pairs and makes a Bluetooth connection.
- NFC-compatible smartphones installed with Android 4.1 or later
What is NFC?
NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as smartphones and IC tags. Thanks to the NFC function, data communication — for example, Bluetooth pairing — can be achieved easily by simply touching NFC-compatible devices together (i.e., at the N-Mark symbol or location designated on each device).
Unlock the screen of the smartphone if it is locked.
Turn on the smartphone’s NFC function.
Select [Settings] - [Device connection].
Touch the switch to turn on the NFC function.
- Select [Settings] - [Device connection].
Touch the smartphone with the headset.
- Touch the smartphone on the N-Mark of the headset. Keep touching the headset with the smartphone until the smartphone reacts.
- Refer to the operating instructions of the smartphone for the designated location to be touched on the smartphone.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing and connection.
When the headset is connected with the smartphone, the indicator (blue) starts flashing slowly. You will hear the voice guidance say, “Bluetooth connected”.
- To disconnect, touch the smartphone again with the headset. You will hear the voice guidance say, “Bluetooth disconnected”.
- To connect a paired smartphone, perform step 3.
- Unlock the screen of the smartphone if it is locked.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Android smartphone.
- If you cannot connect the headset, try the following.
- Unlock the screen of the smartphone if it is locked, and move the smartphone slowly over the N-Mark.
- If the smartphone is in a case, remove the case.
- Check that the Bluetooth function of the smartphone is enabled.
- If you touch an NFC-compatible smartphone connected to another NFC-compatible device with the headset, the smartphone terminates the Bluetooth connection with any current devices, and connects to the headset via one-touch (NFC) (One-touch connection switching).