You can select the zoom setting of the product.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Zoom Setting] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Optical zoom only:
- Limits the zoom range to the optical zoom. You can use the Smart Zoom function if you set [Image Size] to [M] or [S].
- On:ClearImage Zoom:
- Select this setting to use Clear Image Zoom. Even if the zoom range exceeds the optical zoom, the product magnifies images within the range in which image quality does not deteriorate significantly.
- On:Digital Zoom:
- When the zoom range of the Clear Image Zoom is exceeded, the product magnifies images to the largest scale. However, the image quality will deteriorate.
- Set [Optical zoom only] if you want to magnify images within the range in which image quality does not deteriorate.