Charging the battery pack using a charger
- Insert the battery pack into the battery charger.Push the battery pack lightly until it clicks.
- Connect the battery charger to the wall outlet (wall socket).
- How to connect the battery charger may differ depending on the country/region.
With the battery charger that can be connected to the wall outlet (wall socket) directly
With the battery charger that requires the power cord to connect to the wall outlet (wall socket)
CHARGE lamp (orange)
Off: Charging finished
Flashing: Charging error or charging paused temporarily because the camera is not within the proper temperature range
- Charging time (Full charge): The charging time is approximately 175 min.
- The above charging time applies when charging a fully depleted battery pack at a temperature of 25°C (77°F). Charging may take longer depending on conditions of use and circumstances.
- The CHARGE lamp (A) turns off when charging is completed.
- If the CHARGE lamp lights up and then immediately turns off, the battery pack is fully charged.
- We recommend charging the battery pack in an ambient temperature of between 10°C and 30°C (50°F and 86°F). You may not be able to efficiently charge the battery pack outside this temperature range.
- Use a nearby wall outlet (wall socket) when using the supplied or recommended AC Adaptor/battery charger. If any malfunction occurs while using this product, disconnect the plug from the wall outlet (wall socket) immediately to disconnect from the power source. If you use the product with a charge lamp, note that the product is not disconnected from the power source even when the lamp turns off.
- When you use a completely new battery pack or a battery pack that has not been used for a long time, the CHARGE lamp may flash quickly when the battery is charged. If this happens, remove the battery pack and then re-insert it to recharge.
- Do not continuously or repeatedly charge the battery pack without using it if it is already fully charged or close to fully charged. Doing so may cause a deterioration in battery performance.
- Be sure to use only genuine Sony brand battery packs.