Shoots an image using the self-timer after a designated number of seconds have elapsed since the shutter button was pressed. Use the 5-second/10-second self-timer when you are going to be in the picture, and use the 2-second self-timer to reduce camera-shake caused by pressing the shutter button.
- / (Drive Mode) button → [Self-timer].
- You can also set the drive mode by selecting MENU→ (Camera Settings1) → [Drive Mode].
- Select the desired mode by pressing the multi-selector right/left.
- Adjust the focus and shoot the image.The self-timer lamp flashes, a beep sounds, and a picture is taken after the designated number of seconds have elapsed.
Menu item details
Sets the number of seconds in which the picture is taken after the shutter button is pressed.
- Self-timer: 10 Sec
- Self-timer: 5 Sec
- Self-timer: 2 Sec
- Press the shutter button again or press / (Drive Mode) button to stop the count of the self-timer.
- Press the / (Drive Mode) button and select (Single Shooting) to cancel the self-timer.
- Set [Audio signals] to [Off] to mute the beep sound during self-timer counting.
- To use the self-timer in bracket mode, select bracket mode under drive mode, then select MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Bracket Settings] → [Selftimer during Brkt].
- The self-timer is unavailable in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].