The flash level is automatically adjusted so that the subject gets the optimum exposure during normal flash shooting. You can also set the flash level in advance.
FEL: Flash Exposure Level
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → desired button, then assign the [FEL Lock toggle] function to the button.
- Center the subject on which FEL is to be locked, and adjust the focus.
- Press the button to which [FEL Lock toggle] is registered, and set the flash amount.
- A pre-flash flashes.
- The (FEL lock) lights up.
- Adjust the composition and shoot the image.
- When you want to release the FEL lock, press the button to which the [FEL Lock toggle] is registered again.
Flashes that support FEL lock
- HVL-F60M, HVL-F43M and HVL-F32M can be used as clip-ons, off-camera connected by a cable, and for wireless flash shooting (controller/remote).
- HVL-F20M can be used as a clip-on, off-camera connected with a cable, and for wireless flash shooting (controller).
- The FEL lock cannot be set when a flash is not attached.
- If a flash that does not support the FEL lock is attached, an error message is displayed.
- When both AE and FEL lock are fixed, lights up.
- By setting [FEL Lock hold], you can hold the setting while the button is pressed down. Also, by setting [FEL Lock/AEL hold] and [FEL Lock/AEL tggle.], you can shoot images with the AE locked in the following situations.
- When [Flash Mode] is set to [Flash Off] or [Autoflash].
- When the flash cannot go off.
- When using an external flash that is set to manual flash mode.