D-Range Opt. (DRO)
By dividing the image into small areas, the product analyzes the contrast of light and shadow between the subject and the background, and creates an image with the optimal brightness and gradation.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [DRO/Auto HDR] → [D-Range Opt.].
- Select the desired setting by pressing the multi-selector left/right.
Menu item details
- D-Range Optimizer: Auto:
- Corrects the brightness automatically.
- D-Range Optimizer: Lv1 ― D-Range Optimizer: Lv5:
- Optimizes the gradation of a recorded image for each divided area. Select the optimization level from Lv1 (weak) to Lv5 (strong).
- In the following situations, [D-Range Opt.] is fixed to [Off]:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- When [Picture Effect] is set to other than [Off]
- When [Picture Profile] is set to other than [Off]
- When [Record Setting] is set to [120p 100M], [100p 100M], [120p 60M] or [100p 60M], [DRO/Auto HDR] will be set to [Off].
- When shooting with [D-Range Opt.], the image may be noisy. Select the proper level by checking the recorded image, especially when you enhance the effect.