Shooting still images
- Select the desired shooting mode by turning the mode dial.
- Turn the mode dial while pressing the mode dial lock release button in the center of the mode dial.
- Adjust the monitor angle, and hold the camera. Or look through the viewfinder and hold the camera.
- When a zoom lens is mounted, enlarge images by rotating the zoom ring.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator (such as ) lights up.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
To shoot images with the focus locked on the desired subject (Focus-lock)
Shoots images with the focus locked on the desired subject in auto focus mode.
Turn the focus mode dial to select AF-S (Single-shot AF).
- Turn the focus mode dial while holding down the focus mode dial lock release button.
- Place the subject within the AF area and press the shutter button halfway down.
The focus is locked.
- If it is difficult to focus on the desired subject, set [Focus Area] to [Center] or [Flexible Spot].
- Keep pressing the shutter button halfway down, and place the subject back in the original position to re-compose the shot.
- Press the shutter button down fully to take the picture.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting. In [Continuous AF] mode, lights up and the beep indicating that the focus has been achieved does not sound.