You can set the flash mode.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Flash Mode] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Flash Off:
- The flash does not operate.
- The flash works in dark environments or when shooting towards bright light.
- The flash works every time you trigger the shutter.
- Slow Sync.:
- The flash works every time you trigger the shutter. Slow sync shooting allows you to shoot a clear image of both the subject and the background by slowing the shutter speed.
- Rear Sync.:
- The flash works right before the exposure is completed every time you trigger the shutter. Rear sync shooting allows you to shoot a natural image of the trail of a moving subject such as a moving car or a walking person.
- Using a wireless flash creates a shading effect that gives the subject a more 3D appearance than when using an attached flash.
- This mode is effective when you attach a remote control-compatible external flash (sold separately) to the product, and shoot with a wireless flash (sold separately), placed away from the product.
If the camera's system software (firmware) version is 3.00 or later, set the [Wireless] function by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Wireless Flash].
- The default setting depends on the shooting mode.
- Some [Flash Mode] settings are not available, depending on the shooting mode.