Allows you to adjust the composition when shooting in dark environments. By extending the exposure time, you can check the composition on the viewfinder/monitor even in dark locations such as under the night sky.
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → assign the [Bright Monitoring] function to the desired key.
Press the key to which you assigned the [Bright Monitoring] function, then shoot an image.
- The brightness due to [Bright Monitoring] will continue after shooting.
- To return the monitor brightness to normal, press the key to which you assigned the [Bright Monitoring] function once again.
- During [Bright Monitoring], [Live View Display] will automatically switch to [Setting Effect OFF], and setting values such as exposure compensation will not be reflected in the live view display. It is recommended that you use [Bright Monitoring] only in dark locations.
[Bright Monitoring] will be automatically cancelled in the following situations.
- When the camera is turned off.
- When the shooting mode is changed from P/A/S/M to a mode that is not P/A/S/M.
- When the focus mode is set to other than manual focus.
- When [MF Assist] is executed.
- When [Focus Magnifier] is selected.
- When [Focus Settings] is selected.
- During [Bright Monitoring], the shutter speed may be slower than normal while shooting in dark locations. Also, because the measured brightness range is expanded, the exposure may change.