Shutter Type (still image)
You can set whether to shoot with a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter.
MENU→ (Camera Settings2)→[Shutter Type]→desired setting.
Menu item details
- The shutter type is automatically switched based on the shooting conditions and shutter speed.
- Mechanical Shut.:
- Shoot with the mechanical shutter only.
- Electronic Shut.:
- Shoot with the electronic shutter only.
- In the following situations, set the [Shutter Type] to [Auto] or [Electronic Shut.].
- When shooting with a high-speed shutter in a bright environment such as outside in bright sunlight, the beach, or snowy mountains.
- When you want to increase the speed of continuous shooting.
- In rare cases, the shutter sound may be produced when the power is turned off even if the [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shut.]. However, this is not a malfunction.
- In the following situations, the mechanical shutter will be activated even if the [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shut.].
- When capturing a basic white color in [Custom Setup] for [White Balance]
- [Face Registration]
- The following functions are unavailable when the [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shut.].
- Flash shooting
- Long Exposure NR
- Bulb shooting