Refer also to “Notes on using your camera” in the Instruction Manual (supplied) for this product.
Backing up memory cards
Data may be corrupted in the following cases. Be sure to back up the data for protection.
- When the memory card is removed, the USB cable is disconnected, or the product is turned off in the middle of a read or write operation.
- When the memory card is used in locations subject to static electricity or electrical noise.
Database file error
If you insert a memory card that does not contain an image database file into the product and turn on the power, the product automatically creates an image database file using some of the memory card’s capacity. The process may take a long time and you cannot operate the product until the process is completed.
If a database file error occurs, export all images to your computer using PlayMemories Home, and then format the memory card using this product.
Do not use/store the product in the following places
- In an extremely hot, cold or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the camera body may become deformed and this may cause a malfunction.
- Storing under direct sunlight or near a heater
The camera body may become discolored or deformed, and this may cause a malfunction.
- In a location subject to rocking vibration
- Near strong magnetic place
- In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the product. This may cause the product to malfunction, and in some cases this malfunction cannot be repaired.
In places with high humidity
This may cause the lens to mold.
Always attach the lens front cap or body cap when you are not using the camera. To prevent dust or debris from getting inside the camera, remove dust from the body cap before attaching it to the camera.
Precaution on carrying
Do not carry the camera with the tripod attached. This may cause the tripod socket hole to break.
On operating temperatures
Your product is designed for use under the temperatures between 0°C and 40°C (32 °F and 104 °F). Shooting in extremely cold or hot places that exceed this range is not recommended.
On moisture condensation
- If the product is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, moisture may condense inside or outside the product. This moisture condensation may cause a malfunction of the product.
- To prevent moisture condensation when you bring the product directly from a cold to a warm location, first put it in a plastic bag and seal it to prevent air from entering. Wait for about an hour until the temperature of the product has reached the ambient temperature.
- If moisture condensation occurs, turn off the product and wait about an hour for the moisture to evaporate. Note that if you attempt to shoot with moisture remaining inside the lens, you will be unable to record clear images.
On image data compatibility
This product conforms with DCF (Design rule for Camera File system) universal standard established by JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association).
- Playback of images recorded with your product on other equipment and playback of images recorded or edited with other equipment on your product are not guaranteed.
Notes on playing movies on other devices
- XAVC S movies can be played back only on XAVC S-supported devices.
- Movies recorded with this camera may not be played back correctly on other devices. Also, movies recorded with other devices may not be played back correctly on this camera.
On the monitor, viewfinder and lens
- Do not press against the monitor. The monitor may be discolored and that may cause a malfunction.
- If the monitor has drops of water or other liquids on it, wipe it with a soft cloth. If the monitor stays wet, the surface of the monitor may change or deteriorate. This may cause a malfunction.
- If the subject is too close, the image may show any dust or fingerprints on the lens. Wipe the lens with a soft cloth, etc.
- Make sure not to bump the lens or subject it to force.
- Do not carry the camera by the monitor.
- When using the power zoom lens, be careful not to get your fingers or any other objects caught in the lens.
- Magnets are attached to the camera body and the back of the monitor. Do not insert any magnetically recorded media, such as floppy disks or credit cards between them.
Services and software provided by other companies
Network services, content, and the [operating system and] software of this Product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.