Controlling the camera using an Android smartphone (SSID)
You can control this product using your smartphone by connecting your smartphone to the camera using the SSID and password.
Set [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] to [On] beforehand by selecting MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone].
- MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] → [Connection Info.].QR code is displayed on the monitor of this product.
- Press the (Delete) button of this product.This product's SSID and password are displayed on the monitor of this product.
- Launch PlayMemories Mobile on your smartphone.
- Select the model name of this product (DIRECT-xxxx: xxxx).
- Input the password that is displayed on this product.
- You can now shoot images remotely while checking the composition on the smartphone screen.
- Radio wave interference may occur as Bluetooth communications and Wi-Fi communications use the same frequency band. If your Wi-Fi connection is unstable, it may be improved by turning off the Bluetooth function of the smartphone. If you do this, the location information interlocking function is not available.