Shoots multiple images while automatically shifting the exposure from base to darker and then to lighter. You can select the image that suits your purpose after recording.
Since a single picture is taken each time you press the shutter button, you can adjust the focus or the composition for each shot.
Select (Bracket) by turning the drive mode dial.
- Turn the drive mode dial while holding down the drive mode dial lock release button.
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Bracket Settings] → [Bracket Type] → [Single Bracket] → desired mode.
- The setting screen for [Bracket Type] can be displayed by pressing the Fn button.
Adjust the focus and shoot the image.
- Press the shutter button for each image.
Menu item details
For example, when [Single Bracket: 0.3EV 3 Image] is selected, three images are shot one at a time with the exposure value shifted up and down in increments of 0.3 EV.
- When [ISO AUTO] is selected in [Manual Exposure] mode, the exposure is changed by adjusting the ISO value. If a setting other than [ISO AUTO] is selected, the exposure is changed by adjusting the shutter speed.
- When the exposure is compensated, the exposure is shifted based on the compensated value.
- Bracket shooting is unavailable in the following shooting modes:
- [Intelligent Auto]